Tuesday, March 1, 2011

smythe hbc coat

My favourite HBC blanket coat by Smythe. Smythe coat is the one on the left.

My favourite HBC blanket coat by Smythe. Smythe coat is the one on the left.

Northern Cool: Hayden in 'the parka' & Rachel in 'the hbc' coat

Northern Cool: Hayden in 'the parka' & Rachel in 'the hbc' coat

Todd Lynn, Erdem, Pink Tartan, Smythe, Jeremy Laing,

Todd Lynn, Erdem, Pink Tartan, Smythe, Jeremy Laing,

Smythe's version of the HBC coat. Even the originals are doing pretty well.

Smythe's version of the HBC coat. Even the originals are doing pretty well.

Love this modern take on the HBC coat. I've been lusting over a vintage one

Love this modern take on the HBC coat. I've been lusting over a vintage one

HBC Coat

HBC Coat

But, credit should be given to HBC for really marketing the crap out of

But, credit should be given to HBC for really marketing the crap out of

This one was designed by Smythe. Gallery-worthy? Definitely.

This one was designed by Smythe. Gallery-worthy? Definitely.

Favourite Friday – October 15 and I need to get my hair did

Favourite Friday – October 15 and I need to get my hair did

Recently, HBC brought together some of Canada's best designers - Pink Tartan

Recently, HBC brought together some of Canada's best designers - Pink Tartan

Photo of Smythe Coat. Photo of Lida Baday & Pink Tartan

Photo of Smythe Coat. Photo of Lida Baday & Pink Tartan

Photo of Smythe Coat

Photo of Smythe Coat

Early 1920s Hudson's Bay blanket coat, from the collection of the Fashion

Early 1920s Hudson's Bay blanket coat, from the collection of the Fashion

Canadian Fashion Connection – The HBC coat; A Blanket Statement

Canadian Fashion Connection – The HBC coat; A Blanket Statement

authentic vintage indian blanket / large 1930's? for sale - new

authentic vintage indian blanket / large 1930's? for sale - new

 at seeing me in my new-ish Zara leopard print coat was sheer horror.

at seeing me in my new-ish Zara leopard print coat was sheer horror.

If money were no object, I'd also pick up one of these Smythe coats made

If money were no object, I'd also pick up one of these Smythe coats made

With it ten Canadian designers created one of a kind coats – Smythe's being

With it ten Canadian designers created one of a kind coats – Smythe's being

I guess I subconsciously saw Smythe somewhere else!

I guess I subconsciously saw Smythe somewhere else!

All info is off the HBC Heritage Page.

All info is off the HBC Heritage Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
coompax-digital magazine